OSHA's Silica in Construction Course for Exposed Workers
OSHA's Silica in Construction Training Course
Meets the requirements for OSHA's new Silica in Construction standard found in 29 CFR 1926.1153.
*Employers, supervisors, or competent Persons should take our Silica in Construction for Employers or Competent Persons course #1301
Our Silica in Construction course is intended for employees in nearly all places of construction employment in which they may be exposed to rock, concrete, and similar dusts.
1. Identify OSHA’s new Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard found in Construction in 29 CFR 1926.1153 and its principal requirements.
2. Explain what respirable crystalline silica is and the health hazards associated with it.
3. Know the specific tasks in the workplace that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
4. Know the types of control measures and respiratory protection for respirable crystalline silica.
5. Recognize employer responsibilities and employee rights under the standard on respirable crystalline silica.